Home | Summer Courses | Introduction to Guitar
Summer courses - Introduction to Guitar
an affordable guitar course to get you started
For students who have long thought about picking up the acoustic or electric guitar, this course will provide an easy-access foundation that will get you playing some basic tunes.
Grasp the essentials needed to begin playing acoustic or electric guitar. You'll learn an easy approach to get you playing quickly, through a combination of exploring the instrument, performance & technique.
Age: 5 yrs. and above.
Lesson Length: 50 minutes.
Length of course: Option 1: 4 Lessons | Option 2: 8 Lessons
Class Type: Individual Classes
What does the course cover?
Option 1: 4 Lessons - Topics covered:
- Learn how to choose the right guitar for you and what accessories are essential for any guitar player. Also learn the parts of the guitar that will get you comfortable with your instrument.
- Learn how to tune your guitar and start playing your instrument from the ground up!
- Focus on being accurate and play in consistent time with your metronome.
- While you don’t need to be an expert on music theory to play guitar, it is important to know the basic building blocks of music. Learn the fundamental musical ideas in a fun, non-intimidating way.
- Learn basic scales with a fun and easy approach.
Option 2: 8 Lessons - Topics covered:
In this course continue with the previously learnt aspects. New topics will be added such as;
- Chords: You will use all of the skills you’ve gained from the previous lessons to build the foundation of harmony. You will play certain scale notes at the same time to create chords. We'll look at why chords sound like they do, how to build them, how to easily play chords in open position, and how to play chords that you can move all around the neck.
- You will learn a couple of simple tunes. You will do this by using melody (from the scales) and harmony (from the chords) we have learned. You will also learn an essential scale for playing melodies and soloing.