Home | Other Courses | CodingForKids
coding for kids
There’s been a lot of buzz about kids learning to code lately. Last year, almost 200 million students around the world were exposed to coding.
In today’s digital world, coding is a fundamental skill alongside math and reading, but too few kids have the opportunity to learn to program because it is rarely taught in school.
Age: 7 - 13 yrs.
Lesson Length: 90 mins.
Length of course: 12 Classes.
Class Type: Group Classes
Here’s why learning to code is so important for children:
- Coding drives innovation. From self-driving cars to robot-assisted surgery to social media, computer science is revolutionizing every aspect of our lives. Coding is a fundamental skill that children need to learn so they can lead this movement.
- Coding allows kids to be creative. They can create projects that do really amazing things.
- Coding builds confidence. It is incredibly empowering for children to be able to create projects and show them off to family and friends.
- Coding is best learned early. Learning to code is similar to learning a second language. The earlier that children are exposed to fundamental topics like sequencing, loops, and conditionals, the more deeply they absorb these concepts.
- Coding translates to success in other areas. Learning to program supports learning in other areas, like math, reading, and science.